Saturday, July 30, 2022

SoScrappy Saturday 7.30.2022

Today is the fifth Saturday of July of the color PURPLE!

Right about this time of year, a quilter's fancy starts thinking about blocks to make for the next Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Will it be churn dashes, nine patches, four patches, stars, rectangles or something a bit more complex? Both last year and this year, I kept my blocks fairly simple and this kept me motivated to 'keep up'  my RSC blocks. For RCS2023, I am thinking about houses and huts as block possibilities. So I pulled out my purple 2.5 inch squares and a crumb block. I followed Debby Brown's directions for her 'Little Pink Houses' pattern for the 16 patch but I made a cutting error on the crumb block. That one looks more like a hut with a flat roof! LOL




Linking up with SoScrappy Saturday

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your houses are so fun, Pat! I keep trying a block here and there as a possibility for next year, too. I definitely have plenty of this year's blocks to keep busy with, though!

Sue said...

Quilters are never-ending starters, right? I laughed out loud when you said it's time to start thinking about next year as it's only halfway through this year! But yes, I've also been thinking about what blocks I want to do for next year. :) So many quilts to make, so little time!

Deb A said...

I might have been looking through books looking for blocks for 2023 this week as well! Great minds think alike! I like that second hut with the flat top - it is unique and makes me think of pizza hut for some reason... I might be hungry though!

Helenchaffin said...

I always do that after being into certain blocks think why didn't I do this or that? Perhaps we should do a sample quilt 😂 luv the personality of your little houses

Jenny said...

Like you, I've got a couple of blocks percolating in my mind for next years RSC. Thrfe will be a recently started project carried over, and my goodness, what about those other ones that need go be assembled led and quilted! As I tell my hubby, I'll never run out of things to do.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is a very cute idea!!!!