Wednesday, July 20, 2022

WIP Wednesday 7.20.2022

 Monday and Tuesday were very productive days in the sewing room!

First, I put the two borders on my brown bear paw quilt. I should have measured it because it is right at 90 inches. It should shrink a little with quilting, here's crossing my fingers that it doesn't shrink a lot. I've folded it up and it is now in the UFO pile while I think over the next move.

                                Pinterest images found here  and here 

I decided to start on the RWB Modified Nine Patch next. Since the initial cutting was done, the sewing of the 'parts' went quickly.


Thanks goodness for chain piecing. I had all the blocks done in a jiffy.



I started to arrange the blocks on the design wall but I did leave off the 8th row on some of the designs.

Streak of Lightening aka Fields and Furrows


Mock Trip Around the World with dark center aka barn raising.


Off Set Mock Trip Around the World with light center.


This positive/negative reminded me of plus signs.



Many Trips Around the World.


Wave.


All Sevens...like a log cabin set. This one is NOT working for me!


Mountains...also like a log cabin setting. This is NOT working for me either! They look like half plus signs to me...


pattern credit: Modified Nine Patch that came with the 'parts' but I've used it as a 
                        freebie from Quilting Assistant Mock Trip Around the World, 
                            My cuts: small block: 3.5 inch (this appears as the diagonal) 
                                            contrast block: 6.5 inch

So many choices! I actually put this aside, too to figure out which setting I want to make. Right now I'm leaning towards the traditional barn raising with the dark center or wave. But I do like the Many Trips Around the World!

Believe it or not, I still had time in the sewing room so I cut and sewed a few rails for the boy novelty comfort quilt for August's meeting. This is one of my 'go-to' patterns when my box of novelties is exploding. I'm happy to report, the box closes now but just barely!


pattern inspiration: Warm Wishes, found here

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You did get a lot done already this week! I like those modified 9 patch blocks a lot. They really have a lot of design possibilities!

Judy S. said...

You are amazingly productive! The sun's finally out here, so we've been spending most of our time outside and there's not much knitting happening. So have you decided which pattern you're using for the red, white, and black quilt? So many choices!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Such a manly bear paw!!! And I agree--so many layout possibilities!!! Cool I-Spy quilt, too!!!

Bonnie said...

Not that you asked but I like the off set log cabin and streak of lightning. Have fun making up your mind. I love how versatile this block is. Do you think it would also work scrappy? I need to popover to the link you gave. Thanks.