Monday, July 18, 2022

Design Wall Monday 7.18.2022

I seem to have had a bit of the brain fog over the weekend. 

I ripped more than I sewed on my crumby bear paw quilt. I did sew all the rows together and have the two borders to go. I decided to 'go with' the staggered look but now I'm thinking it might need a big black bear appliqued on it. I was thinking I would do a nice feathery panto that would really show up in the open areas.


 pattern inspirations:         Cathy at Sane, Crazy Crumby Quilting
                                          Pinterest images found here and here

I have a couple of (hopefully) quick projects that are NOT crumb related. I'm not sure which one I will do first...

I picked up a QOV quilt kit at the sew day that would blend with the funky back I worked on. The directions called it 'modified nine patch from EQ6' but I've used it before as a freebie from Quilting Assistant Mock Trip Around the World found here.

I also want to make one child's quilt for the ladies that are collecting for the local Red Cross for our August meeting. I pulled out my novelty bin and some blues. The blue in the background will be the backing. JAF is still having their clearance on red spot fabric. This blue was less than $2.00/yard! Since it's sparkly, it will work for a child's quilt but not a QOV.

I also received a few more QOV's to quilt down. I have two smaller batts pieced from leftovers but will need to contact the leader that handles the batting to get another roll. She volunteers quite a bit at the local nature preserve so it may be a spell before I get that roll of batting. 

Good thing I have lots to keep me busy. Now only if that brain fog would lift!!

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday  Hop on over to Judy's and see the summer quilting fun!

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You definitely do have lots to keep busy with! The brown bear paws look great in that layout. I love that adorable dinosaur print for the child's quilt, too. Have fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

you do have lots!!!
I really like that brown bear paw quilt!!!
and all the other projects - too fun!!!