Wednesday, July 6, 2022

WIP Wednesday 7.6.2022

My warm crumb blocks didn't take too much time to sew together. I swapped out a few blocks and tried to keep the darker reds towards the outside.

Since I am up to date with the Casual Quilters Quilts of Valor, the schedule on the long arm is wide open. For some reason, I had the urge to find fire trucks to put on the back of this quilt. Lucky for me, the holiday sales were in full swing AND I was left alone at Bell Creek Quilts. I did find a backing that had fire trucks and various first responder vehicles.

Not only that but today was binding day! I will have a finish (or maybe two to share on Friday! - it's been awhile since I have shown a completed quilt!)


pattern: crumb blocks, public domain
panto: hot rod

Since warm crumbs went so quick, I remembered that I wanted make a child's quilt to donate to guild this month. I purchased this 3 yard kit at my friend's estate sale last year.


I wasn't liking the red so I swapped it out with white.


I cut the pattern out last night and after the binding, I was able to sew together the top.


pattern credit: Mary's Quick Strippie

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is so pretty!!
and the fire trucks is perfect for the back!!!

Susan said...

Love how your quilt glows in the center