Friday, July 22, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 7.22.2022

First, I finished a project last week that's been hanging around the sewing room since the beginning of the month! 

My soaring eagle panel quilt! It's another in my 'Use the Crumbs' series aka 'The Art of Spare Parts'. I've been trolling the web, blogs, Google and Pinterest to find more ideas.



panto: fern gully

My second finish for the week is the blue boy novelty quilt for the local Red Cross unit. 



pattern inspiration: Warm Wishes, found here
panto: serpentine

I did put the Modified Nine Patch or Mock Trip Around the World back on the design wall. Sewing it to a flimsy is my goal for this weekend. I blogged about making the blocks, here.

 

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your soaring eagle panel looks great. Looks like you made a good dent in your greens and navy. Fern gully is one of my favorite texture producing quilt design. But I've tried to use other designs recently for variety.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You get a lot done in a week/month! Love the greens and blues in the eagle quilt, and the boy quilt is great! That's a beneath design for using novelty fabrics.

Vicki in MN said...

Your eagle crumb quilt is fantastic, doesn't look like crumbs at all!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Both wonderful quilts to share. The eagle panel makes a simple design very special. I plan to try your little boy blue quilt design. Looks great for a simple I spy or even focus fabric.

grammajudyb said...

Both quilts are wonderful! I really like the Warm Wishes Blue one. Definitely going to see if I have enough varied novelty fabric to do that one!