Monday, July 25, 2022

Design Wall Monday 7.25.2022

 L👀K! Who made it back to the design wall and it's all sewn together! Thanks to Bonnie who said she liked the off set barn raising lay out. It was just the right nudge for me to sew it into this set!


pattern credit: modified nine patch or
                        Quilting Assistant Mock Trip Around the World, found here
                               and Bonnie for her layout suggestion!

Since I had a few leftover 'modified nine patches', I decided to see how I liked them around one of the eagle pillow panels I had received from the FB QOV Working Stars Admin.


Umm...not too excited about it. For some reason I decided to make the stars from a tutorial Bev gave us when I lived in Wisconsin. So I refer to the stars as 'Bev's Stars'. The only problem is that I didn't have enough lights in any one fabric. I am using what I have available and trying NOT to succumb and buy more!

I'm not realing liking this set either. Seems so much harder when you have limited blocks and/or fabrics!


I did a Pinterest and Google Search of 'Marine Corps Quilts' and found a number of interesting ideas for using a smaller panel. This is one of those that I liked. I have more light fabric to match the stars on the top and bottom. I wasn't sure what to put in the corners so I cut into some eagle fabric I had on inventory to audition it.


pattern credit: modified nine patch or Quilting Assistant MTATW
                       'Bev's Stars' (it's Bev's take on this ruler) and this layout (must 
                        be from Google Search as not on my Pinterest board)


2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your MTATW looks great in that setting! That's always been a favorite layout of mine, too. It can be really challenging to try to get leftover blocks to go together into some kind of coherent plan. If anyone can do it, it's you, Pat!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love how the cream background makes a giant on-point look! If that makes sense! And what a great center panel to work with!!!