Friday, July 15, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 7.15.2022

Not much progress on the crumb bear paw quilt.

Why? you ask? The Casual Quilters QOV group put out a call to make backs at the sew day yesterday. The leader brought about 15 tops and some backing fabric. 7 backs were sewn and 7 backs were measured and cut. We meet at the local FVW Hall which is named the American Spirit Centre.


 There were quite a few number of ladies sewing on all sorts of Comfort Quilt projects...not just making the QOV backs. I snuck in a picture which explains why you only see backs...I was way over on one side of the room. All the seats by the windows were taken by the time I arrived!

I do have a finish from earlier in the week. My red crumbs stars! Slowly but surely, I am working through those pesky crumb blocks!



panto: serpentine
pattern inspiration: found on Pinterest, I think or maybe not...

Linking up with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday

4 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wow, what a great way to use red crumb blocks!!! And cool idea--gather and piece QOV backings!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You do so many neat things with your crumb blocks! I love how this one turned out. Looks like your sew day was fun and productive, too!

quiltingbydawn said...

Great job on the red, white and blue crumb stars! Teamwork gets the job done! Thumbs up to your guild.

Judy S. said...

Nice work! Your posts make me miss our quilt group. It fell apart thanks to COVID and the deaths of several members.