Friday, July 1, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 7.1.2022

I finished piecing the soaring eagle and it's waiting for a turn on the long arm. I have three more Casual Quilters Guild QOVs to finish and then I will start on my quilts! I think I have something that will work for the back of the soaring eagle but maybe not! LOL It depends on what color thread I decided to use.

Here is the soaring eagle flimsy.


pattern inspiration: Falling Charms from Missouri Star Quilt Company

                                my cuts: 6.5 inch crumb block
                                               2.5 x 6.5 inch sashing
                                               2.5 x 2.8 inch sashing
                                               twist and turn blocks in pleasing manner

Here is a RWD flimsy I made and used as a 'road map' so to speak. I blogged about it here.

3 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

What a clever girl you are!!! Love the pattern to get rid of all those pesky scraps. Thanks for putting in the measurements!! Enjoy the 4th!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blues and greens are perfect for the soaring eagle! I like that Falling Charms pattern, too. I'll have to put that one on my list - looks like it works nicely for crumb blocks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE it!!!
and the RWB one haha
But the way that Eagle is featured - just gorgeous!!!!