Friday, July 29, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 7.29.2022

I'm calling the Modified  Nine Patch (aka Quilting Assistant Mock Trip Around the World) finished! It was a kit from the guild that didn't include binding. Nothing in the stash really was working for binding. I'm sure that there is something in the guild stash that will work!




pattern credit: Modified Nine Patch or
                        Quilting Assistant Mock Trip Around the World

I found a back in the guild stash that needed just a bit more added to it. So I added the cream at the top. I'm not exactly sure why? there is the little cream 'window' in the blue portion. It's a head scratcher for sure....'Why DID she do that?!' 'Because she COULD!'


I've gotten the main portion of the Mt. Rushmore's Eagle done with the extra 'Mock Trip Around the World' blocks and a few stars made with the leftovers from the above backing...the cream. Now to add top and bottom borders to bring it to size.


pattern credit:     Modified Nine Patch or
                                Quilting Assistant Mock Trip Around the World
                            Bev's stars (Bev's take on this strippy star)

My inspiration quilt: I think it's from a Google Search of 'Marine Corpse Quilts'



2 comments:

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Pat, I really like your mock Trip around the world and the extra pieces look great on your panel. Your little houses are going to be fun in all of the different colours. Take care.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!!! Three!!! those are great finishes!!