Monday, July 11, 2022

Design Wall Monday 7.11.2022

Last Friday was the Casual Quilters' Summer Dinner. We met at a different location close to Jennifer's Quilt shop. I arrived a little early to visit Jennifer's as she graciously stayed open later for the guild members. I actually brought a few panel patterns and I was talking about Quilts of Valor, so Jennifer gifted me with a Timeless Treasures Star panel! I want to make a QOV and do a little show and tell for her!

Cathy at Sane, Crazy Crumby Quilting suggested my next crumb block, bear paw! I have lots of brown crumb blocks so my logic says to make brown bear paws...I'm not always real original. LOL Here is my fabric pull for the blocks.

Here are the parts for a few of the blocks.


Here is the blow-up of the block. I was having a little trouble keeping the claws aligned correctly.

Of course, I made a few test blocks. I'm not certain what fabrics I will use as the sashings.


                        
                        my cuts per block:    6.5 inch square crumb block (1)
                                                          3.5 inch square plain background (1)
                                                          3.5 inch hst's (4)

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The bear paws are lovely! I'd use a variety of background fabrics, they'll look nice with the variety of browns. Happy stitching!

Bonnie said...

I love the combination of bears paw and crumb blocks. Great Job!

Churn Dash said...

I saw a shop owner on you tube say that she has never seen a beautiful crumb quilt. Boy is she wrong! I love the way you are using your crumbs.
Helen

Carol R. said...

I LOVE it!! I have all sorts of crumbs here that I never thought to use to make something like this. I'm going to have to steal this idea :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your bear paw blocks are perfect for the brown crumbs, Pat! The quilt will have a warm and cozy fall feel!

AnnieO said...

Love the bear paws! I'd make them brown too :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhhh Those are going to be SOOOO cool!!!
and yay for a star panel - that will be fun!