Monday, August 28, 2023

Design Wall Monday 8.28.2023

We were invited to my nephew's wedding reception last Saturday. They were married this spring on Maui and celebrated with family and friends last Saturday. It was the first time in about 5 years that all my siblings were together and can you believe, we didn't get a picture? Yikes, I was sad when I realized that. One brother is just out of the hospital and another is on week 14 of recovery from his 5 heart by pass surgery...

Our son and his gf spent Saturday night at our house along with our daughter and her dog, Angie. I'm a good dog Grandma as here is Angie.


But none of the kids, bad Mom! I think my husband took a few but hasn't texted them to me yet...

After our visit, I removed the borders than added a bit of black and I like this better. Once it is quilted and bound with the black, the look will be more complete and co-hesive.


pattern: 4 Patch Stacked Posies by H.D. Designs

Sharing with Judy at Design Wall Monday



4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We have a tendency to do that, too - get the family together and then forget to take any pictures. I guess we're having such a good time visiting that we don't think of it, right?! Your 4 patch Posies quilt is beautiful, and a black binding will be perfect!

Bonnie said...

I feel your angst -- not remembering to take photos of anyone except Angie who did a wonderful job posing. Your quilt is looking great. That black really sets off the center. Have a quilty week.

Delighted Hands said...

Sounds like a good time except for forgetting photos!! The quilt will be calling you to work on it this week!

Tired Teacher said...

The black pulls the eye into the center - I like it!