Wednesday, August 30, 2023

WIP Wednesday 8.30.2023

My husband's uncle is a Vietnam vet but when I asked him if he had a QOV, his response was that he didn't want a formal QOV but if I wanted to make him a nice traditional star quilt he would like that! When he saw the Lisa Sutherland Churn Dash Those Stars quilt, he was smitten.

So I am going to make hime one. Here is my fabric pull and the fabrics.


I din't realize that the red, dark blue and white are all the same design. I must really like it alot! LOL Next up was to make the hst's and middle star.

I placed the center medallion on the design wall. 

I was worried about the blocks falling off the wall, so I started to sew the rows together. One row lead to another and before long, I had the center medallion together.


pattern: Churn Dash Those Stars from Lisa Sutherlands' book Patriotic 

The finished but not quilted quilt.

Sharing with Susan at MidWeek Makers



6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love how you got started and couldn't stop! That's a really pretty design. I think your husband's uncle is going to love his quilt!

Delighted Hands said...

Fantastic!!! What a great job providing your friend with his own quilt!

Jenny said...

That didn't take long. How wonderful that you can make him a quilt design he really likes!

Susan said...

Love it! I'm always a sucker for anything red, white, and blue!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh Its so great!! and he will LOVE it!!!

Judy S. said...

Nice work! I think he will love it. How could he not?