Wednesday, August 9, 2023

WIP Wednesday 8.9.2023

I did my 'whistle stop' demo last night. I tried to keep it simple and straight forward but sometimes my brain likes to complicate <things>. Here is my set up 'in the wild'. My friend Mary was demo-ing next to me and remarked how 'Pat's looks like a science fair project'! I guess you can take the girl out of the science world but the science world stays in the girl and sneaks out every so often...LOL


The other question..yes, I worked on the QOV Signature quilt. First I cut the alternate 7.5 inch squares.


Sewed them altogether, added a 2.5 inch cut inner border and 4.5 inch cut outer border.


I loaded it on the long arm and called Monday a good workday.

Tuesday I made the back, loaded the back, batting and quilted down the QOV before lunch. 


I made the binding and sewed that on after lunch and ta-da! From cutting table to finished quilt in 3 days!

 To celebrate...I'm taking 3 days off! Well, DH wanted a mid week get away so we are going to Shipshewana.


pattern: 7.5 inch cut Signature squares with alternating Patriotic print
panto: serpentine

Good news! I found my patriotic clothes pins. We used these last year to hang the Signature blocks on the curtain to dry and help decorate the QOV AQS booth. Somehow, I thought I had about 24 not 12! Maybe I'll make more but that means finding the yo yo maker...


And because I had a few minutes before I needed to load up for the meeting last night, I put my current leader/ender project on the design wall. My take on Double Four Patch, except I am using one color way. I'm low key liking the Barn Raising Setting.



That'a a lot to take in from me! Whew!



2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Amazing all the way around!!!! The 3-day quilt is superb! I'm so glad the demo went well; I'm sure you've inspired some to give it a try!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm a retired teacher, so I'm a big fan of science projects! You could say that there is a bit of a science to making crumb blocks, lol! The signature block quilt is beautiful, and I love the design for your double 4 patches, too. Great idea!