Saturday, August 19, 2023

SoScrappy Saturday 8.19.2023

Today is the third Saturday of August of the color YELLOW!

I'm running a little behind on my SoScrappy blocks so today I am going to show my yellow house and hut.

First, here is the house. Yes! That is a black bear in the window...

pattern: Debby Brown's Little Pink Houses

I decided to put the whole rainbow neighborhood on the design wall to get an idea of how the neighborhood is coming together.

pattern: Debby Brown's Little Pink House

Next up is the yellow hut. I did find a crumb block in the parts department that had bees in it. I, personally would not live here!

pattern: a cutting oops that turned into a block I liked. 

Here is the rainbow hut neighborhood. 

pattern: a cutting oops that I liked.

I'm thinking of keeping the houses and huts separate so the huts can travel with the crumb trunk show if needed.

Sharing with SoScrappy Saturday.



10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Cute houses and huts, happy stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think your houses and huts are just adorable, Pat! I'm pretty sure that bear would be happy in either place - he'll enjoy all the honey!

Jenny said...

Oh dear, there's a bear in the house, she said in panic! And bees in the hut, what will we do now!

Judy S. said...

Another nice looking quilt! What a fun way to use up scraps!

Deb A said...

Both the houses and huts are cute!

Delighted Hands said...

They keep looking better and better; I especially like to see them all together in their 'neighborhood'! lol

Susie H said...

What a fun neighborhood. Each house unique and well-tended. Great job!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

OH your little black bear in the window is so darn cute! Love all your creative houses.

Jan said...

oh that bear is adorable! This is going to be a gorgeous quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I intentionally made one of your beach huts, Pat. Thanks for the inspiration!