Friday, August 25, 2023

Finish or NOT Friday 8.25.2023

I had a small finish this week. I glued all my yo-yo's onto the clothes pins. Hurray! LOL

After I cut and sewed the 4 patch posey blocks, I was stuck. I didn't have enough of the large floral fabric to complete the top as I envisioned and there was no more at the store when I went back! So, I needed to come up with a new plan. I kinda lost my mojo over exactly 'what' to do.

I added white as the sashing without cornerstones.


I then added a bit of black for the borders and two large cuts of the flowers on top and bottom. Oh no...I think I need to add a bit of the black border between the white sashing and the flowers...off to find that seam ripper...


pattern: 4 patch posey by HD Designs

Sharing with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday and


Sarah at Whoop! Whoop!



5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is so pretty, Pat! I do agree with you about the black between the white and the floral, though. Your yo-yo clothespins are so cute! Are they gifts for someone?

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What would happen if you flipped the floral and black top and borders around then bind the top with solid black? What would we do without our seam rippers?

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

These blocks are so pretty! I love the white sashings and black border. Lovely quilt!

Delighted Hands said...

Wow--this is a striking quilt. Take a bow--it is incredible!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

hope you found your mojo back!!!
I like the black too - it makes things feel framed!!