Monday, August 7, 2023

Design Wall Monday 8.7.2023

Well, I'm starting the week off with another finish or two. Go Figure! I finished the fraternal Safari Animals quilts over the weekend. I used the Villa Rosa October Sky pattern and was able to make all the blocks at the same time. I make hst's using the tube method and 3/5 sets yielded 8 blocks...enough for 2 quilts. I only had to make 2 more hst's for the second quilt. win-win!

Quilt 1:


Quilt 2:


pattern: Villa Rosa October Sky
panto: serpentine


I also worked on my Crumb Block display board. I used the tape from our card making/ scrapbooking days to adhere my pieces. When I went to the sewing room on Sunday morning, a few of the pieces had fallen off. I pulled out my Elmer's glue and stuck the pieces back on. I'm currently waiting to 'see' if anything else falls off. The banner was made using a combination of tutorials from Pinterest. I'm also have a handout that lists about 5 web sites to visit to learn more about 'crumb blocks'. (giving credit where credit is due)

Ever have an 'oh no'? moment? I realized that guild is this Tuesday night...well, doh...my crumb block demo but I had also collected QOV Signature blocks last month and wanted to have the quilt ready for show and tell this month. So, out came the Signature Blocks and patriotic fabric for the alternating block. It will hopefully be a flimsy by Tuesday's meeting!


Sharing with Judy at Design Wall Monday.

4 comments:

Sara said...

That particular Villa Rosa pattern is just perfect for those panels that are that shape. Love the colors you chose.

Delighted Hands said...

Looking good on getting ready for the Guild meeting!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those Fraternal quilts are so cool!!!
and yay for the crumb board - that is such a great display!!!
You can do it - I bet you will have the top quilted as you are heading out the door!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Safari quilts look just great! So does your crumb block display - people are going to get a lot out of it. Good luck getting those signature blocks together - you cab do it!