Monday, August 21, 2023

Design Wall Monday 8.21.2023

Isn't it funny 'how a little thing' can spark a creative moment?

I was wondering which quilt to make for my niece for Christmas when I saw on FB that she had tie dyed a shirt, of all colors PINK! I know she likes black, white and gray but add in pink and YES! Also at my day guild September's focus is 'Stack and Whack' type quilts. So I am combining these two elements to make a 4 Patch Posie quilt for said niece.

Here is the fabric I chose and the four repeat cuts.

Here are the blocks that I cut and made. I even made one block twice!


                I brought this pattern many moons ago and was totally confused by the 
                directions. Fortunately I had a few very knowledgable sewing friends that 
                explained it to me!


Now I need to re-arrange the blocks to balance the colors and add sashings. I don't have enough of the original fabric to make wide borders so I'll need to adjust my thinking. LOL




3 comments:

Jenny said...

Interesting looking blocks, I've never done a stack and whack before. Looking forward to seeing how you put this together, should be a very pretty quilt in those lovely colours.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've always wondered how those blocks were made, so that video was helpful! Your blocks are really pretty - love those colors together. What color sashing do you think?

Delighted Hands said...

Those blocks are beautiful and such a fun way to make them!!!! Thanks for the link to the YouTube video, too.