Wednesday, August 2, 2023

WIP Wednesday 8.2.2023

So...I was going for a checkerboard with the Hon E Bear and Ted E Bear in the <sorta> middle. Something like this...


 When I sewed it together, I made an error in my rows. Not good. <sigh>


Out came the seam ripper and I ripped two seams and settled on this arrangement. I just hate it when my rows and/or blocks jump around from the design wall to my sewing machine. This is better.


pattern: 4 patch with 5 inch cut squares. 
               I actually pieced it as rows, alternating the light and darks.             

I also pulled out the Safari animals themed pieces that were on the free table. I pulled a few fabrics as potential 'go with's'. The darker leafy fabric in the center was, you guessed it! On.The.Free.Table.


I've been itching to make Villa Rosa's October Sky pattern.



4 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great use of your teddy bear border piece! October Sky looks like it'll be a fun one, too!!!

Delighted Hands said...

Nice way to set the Hon e bears fabric off--I was worried about the first pic and glad to see you fixed it in the second! lol I've messed up rows more times than I can count on that short walk from the design wall to the sewing machine!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sometimes those blocks and rows have a mind of their own! I like how the Hon E. Bear piece turned out, though. And the October Sky design is a pretty one, too!

Judy S. said...

What a couple of fun quilts you have in the making! You are so productive; I need to follow your example, but I am much better at starting stuff than finishing it.