Friday, March 29, 2024

Finish or NOT Friday 3.29.2024

I have a full finish and a flimsy finish this week.

First up is my Full Finish. What is a full finish? It's a completely done quilt. I wasn't sure I would get this one done but I changed a few things around and tamed the tension problem on Baby Brother. I changed to a thinner thread and re-wound the bobbin, twice. The first wind was a little sloppy so I re-wound and it was tighter. I also changed out the bobbin thinking the one I used might be old and not totally round anymore. Baby was still making awful noises as she went through all the layers...


pattern inspiration: Long May She Wave by Cozy Quilt Designs
panto: serpentine


My flimsy finish is the FB QOV Working Stars Flimsy. I received 6 yards in the mail from one of our Admins, Carol, and I picked a pattern by Fabric Cafe and made the quilt top. The next step is to mail the flimsy to Carol. I like this pattern as the large block is 9.5 inches cut and great for a larger print that one doesn't want to cut up.


pattern: City Lights from Fast and Fun 3 Yard Quilts




4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Long May She Wave is gorgeous, Pat! Someone is definitely going to fall in love with that quilt. I really like City Lights, too. I've never made a 3 yard quilt - maybe I should give one a try!

Judy in Michigan said...

Hi Pat! Happy Easter!! Love both quilts you made. Bravo!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wht fun quilts!! Someday I need to check that book out!

Delighted Hands said...

Just beautiful work!!!!