Friday, March 1, 2024

Finish or NOT Friday 3.1.2024

 Happy March 1st!


I have a couple finishes and a quilt top.

The first finish is my Crumb Bear quilt. The background is a rail fence and then I made a few brown crumb blocks. I use two sided fusible on the crumb blocks, traced the bears, iron them on and stitched a (somewhat) straight stitch around the edges. I treated the tree fabric in a similar manner to add interest to the lower left corner of the quilt.


pattern: rail fence background with appliques
panto: serpentine

My next finish is QOV Signature Golf.


pattern: Signature blocks alternated with patriotic fabric squares
panto: serpentine

My quilt top is my Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR). If you you've been following along, I added the words for round 6, the final round. This brought the quilt to 48 x 80 so I added a 6 inch border on the sides to bring the quilt top to 60 x 80. The plan is to use the navy blue to bind, so that should pull it all together. (I had a little trouble photographing this one :))


pattern: Stay at Home Round Robin 2024

Sharing today with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday and 




4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love that bear quilt! The others are nice, too. Happy March!

Judy in Michigan said...

Hooray! I love your round robin addition. What a great quilt for a veteran. The bear quilt is so nice and the QOV is perfect. Would be nice for a female vet because of the flowers. Thank you for being so generous with your time and talent.

Jenny said...

Your bear quilt is wonderful, thanks for explaining how you did it. I have lots of neutral strings that I could make simple background blocks from, thanks for the idea.

Delighted Hands said...

You've done each one beautifully! The bear one is really neat!!!!