Thursday, February 29, 2024

Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR) 2.29.2024

Happy Leap Day! I have a hankering to make a frog quilt! Instead I settled for a 'little bit of frogging' my seams on my round 6 of Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR)! 

Kathleen is our leader for Round 6 and she picked 'letters' or 'numbers'. I immediately thought of the words 'HONOR' and 'COURAGE'. I tried to talk myself into something else but in the end, I mustered up some courage to piece the letters. First I graphed the letters using the block system and 6 inch finished. 

The 'R's' gave me a bit of trouble. The 'R' in 'HONOR' is just so-so. I like the 'R' in 'COURAGE' better.

Sharing today with Kathleen at Kathleen McMusing - Quilter, Teacher and Designer

9 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The letters look really done well. They look like a challenge and you met it well. Happy stitching!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh wow!!! that is so super cool!!! you have such a good eye for these quilt - and the talent!!!

Judy S. said...

Beautiful! I think both "r's" are great.

Laura K said...

I agree with Gretchen. Those words will inspire your quilt recipient every time they see it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Honor and Courage are beautiful and perfect for your SAHRR, Pat! Are you going to change the one R to match the other that you like better? I think it turned out wonderfully!

Delighted Hands said...

Are you kidding?! You did an amazing job on the lettering! The quilt looks great!

JanineMarie said...

Ah, your letters capture the vibe of the quilt perfectly. I like both Rs and think having them just slightly different from each other is like the way someone might write freehand.

piecefulwendy said...

You really did a wonderful job on those letters! What a pretty quilt!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous job with making letters! I love seeing your sketch and the fabulous blocks you made. Thanks for linking up and playing along with SAHRR (oh and sorry about the frogging)!