Monday, February 19, 2024

Design Wall Monday 2.19.2024

 I quilted down the Irish quilt over the weekend. This was originally made for the 'If my birthday was in < March >' series and I had planned to donate it. But....I sewed a pleat into a seam and when I attempted to remove the stitches...I poked a whole in the dog fabric. RATS! I did patch it but...now it will belong to me! LOL I quilted it with the apple blossoms panto but they were looking more like alien toadstools to me. Oh well...it's mine so it's all good!


I also pulled fabric for the April Melon Heads presentation, the theme is applique. Not my strong skill. So I am going to prepare a quilt top and raggy edge applique a few bears on it. The bears will be made from some of my crumb fabric pieces. I've been wanting to make a little applique something to add to my crumb collection and this will fit both presentations. I hope it looks okay in the end!


Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday.



3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I can relate to the 'oops' on the quilt! The new quilt plans with the bear will look great!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the hole in the dog quilt! Darn! I haven't done any applique with crumb blocks - I'll enjoy seeing your bears.

Jenny said...

Looking forward to seeing those applique bears.