Wednesday, February 21, 2024

WIP Wednesday 2.21.2024

I finished piecing the background for my Bear quilt. The inner portion is a rail fence.


 I added two more borders, a brown inner and pine trees that I discovered in the stash.

I made my bear family out of brown crumbs and fused Wonder Under Lite to the shapes.


I was excited to fuse and stitch around my bear family. I decided to set the family high since I am short and if I was holding the quilt up...well, it would work better if the bears were towards the top. Or so I thought!


Oh no!  I think I need to add something. More bears or maybe trees? I made a few crumb blocks in sages for trees but I didn't like the look. So I cut some trees out of the tree fabric. Maybe another tree and bigger bear?  This is where I left it. The three bears are fused down and stitched. The trees are loose. I'm thinking about it...



In other news, I took my piecing machine in to be serviced and pulled 'Little' Brother out to sew on.


When I was in Ann Arbor dropping off  'Baby', I stopped by the Ann Arbor Sewing Center. Parking is down the hill out at the back of the store. The back is almost as cute as the front!



I had my gift card I won last year, so I brought a few trinkets to put in a gift bag for this years challenge and this pattern by Allison of CluckCluckSew fame. I was on the lookout for a bat pattern. My birthday is October so the bats will be my entry into the 'Birthday Bash' Challenge I am hosting.



Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers


3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the neutral rail fence background with the crumb bears! Such a fun idea. And I like the trees, too, made out of the border fabric. But maybe you would like the trees better if they were made out of a solid green???

Judy S. said...

Your bear quilt is adorable! That table runner book looks interesting>

Delighted Hands said...

Great job on the bears! I like the fact you 'made' your fabric for them! Looks like a very cool place to spend your gift card!