Saturday, February 3, 2024

SoScrappy Saturday 2.3.2024

Today is the first Saturday of February of the color red!

I found my 4.5 inch novelties and added a few 2.5 inch frames for Happy Blocks.

pattern: Mary's Happy Blocks

Sharing with SoScrappy Saturday.


Today is also Quilts Of Valor National Sew Day!


 I'll be joining the FB QOV Working Stars virtually through Zoom and regular check-in's on the FB page. This year's block for this online group is Friendship Stars, so I prepped 12 blocks yesterday. I make my hst's using the tube method.

I also cut the squares to complete the blocks. I'm going to be making the pattern on the left. My friend, Rhesa shared it with me in November 2023 and I've been wanting to try it. I believe Rhesa said it was an Andrew Lee design. You might know him as the Combat Quilter. Rhesa is friends with Andrew's Mom.



5 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

And I am missing our QOV sew day--have fun for me, too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are cute novelty prints in your Happy Blocks, Pat! That looks like a great pattern for a QOV, too. Have a fun sew day!

Jenny said...

I love stitching Happy Blocks too, yours look great

Deb said...

I'm going to do some happy blocks. I have a lot of novelty fabrics I need to use up !!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Love the QOV project. What a great design. I never tire of your framed novelty prints. A simple but effective RSC project.