Monday, February 5, 2024

Design Wall Monday 2.5.2024

Somehow, I found myself on the program committee for the Howell Melon Patchers. I affectionately refer to the group as 'Melon Heads'. I think I got commandeered into joining as I have been showing lots of quilts from my closet according to the program theme. There is a committee chair that decides on the theme and then the rest of the committee makes quilts for a show and tell. February's theme is hearts. Now I have about 5 or 6 hearts quilts that I offered to bring but then I also said I would make a woven heart quilt. Here is my fabric draw along with the pattern I am going to use. It's a free one! Since this groups shares patterns and I do not want to violate copyright laws...I'll be searching for free patterns!


pattern: Hug Me, found here.

Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday.


A few of the other 'Melon Heads' theme programs are applique, pineapple quilts (the block not the fruit!) and animals. You'll be seeing a few of these quilts pop up in the next few months.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

This will make a great quilt!
(I also loved how you solved your size prob on the Sew Day quilt! )

Judy Hansen said...

Thanks for the link to the free pattern. I like the woven hearts. Looking forward to seeing your version. Judy Hansen