Friday, February 16, 2024

Finish or NOT Friday 2.16.2023

 Hello, Friends!

I have a few finishes to share today!

First, in the spirit of Valentine's Day, my woven heart for the Melon Heads presentation next week.



panto: curly hearts

My second finish is Signature QOV Echo.


pattern: a simple alternating block of patriotic fabric with 2.5 inch (cut) inner
                    and 4.5 inch (cut) outer border
panto: Happy Times

My third finish is the Quilt Of Valor National Sew Day quilt. I chose a pattern that my friend Rhesa shared with me in November 2023. I was sewing virtually with my QOV FB Working Stars group and guess what? One of the sewing ladies, Lisa Sutherland said, 'Yes, indeed this is my pattern but it is NOT published nor does it have a name.' She had shared it at a QOV retreat. A retreat member shared it with his mom, who in turned shared with Rhesa, who in turn shared with me and I shared it back to Lisa! Such a small world, after all!!!



pattern: Lisa Sutherland author
panto: happy times

My fourth (almost) finish is that I finished piecing the quilt 'If my birthday was in <insert month>' series. This month I happen to be working on March's quilt. I saw this design 'somewhere' on the internet. It's not on my Pinterest nor is there a random screenshot. If you know who this pattern belongs to...please let me know in the comments!


Since I sew my bindings at 3/8 of an inch onto my quilts, I knew I wanted a border so I had a chance at saving a point or two. As I was auditioning tans, creams and golds, I place a plaid on the wall to think about binding. Yup, you guess it!


pattern: unknown...please help me find the author!



5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've been a busy quilter this week, Pat! I love the QOV withe the strips and stars. It reminds me of a bookshelf quilt!

Judy in Michigan said...

As always, I love all of them. The woven hearts is most interesting. I'll have to look that one up. Hope your days are sunny and warm.

Delighted Hands said...

These are great projects! The green one is gorgeous! The QOV quilt day top is perfection--sharing and tweaking is what really makes our patterns/ideas grow!

Angie in SoCal said...

Lisa's QOV is wonderful. Simple, but exceptional too. Thanks for visiting my blog. Blessings,

quiltingbydawn said...

You have been busy! I really like your woven heart mini quilt! How fun to make a birthday quilt for every month!