Wednesday, March 20, 2024

WIP Wednesday 3.20.2024

In honor of the color purple, I pulled out one of my boxes of a purple project.


In 2015, my daughter went to Swaziland, South Africa for a Church sponsored Mission Trip. The leader 'knew' that I sewed and asked if I could make a few 'Dresses for Africa' out of pillowcases. I made over 60 dresses personally and I put out the call to my three groups I belonged to. We donated over 300 dresses! The only stipulation for the dresses was that there were NO western influences. So nothing related to the USA, cartoons, weapons or other western type things. When a little dress was donated with Cinderella, I knew she needed to stay behind. I cut her into 6.5 inch squares and put her in a project box along with the purple and pink. I ran across this Vill Rosa Ahoy pattern and thought it would work for the Cinderella pillowcase pieces.

Here are my squares and I need to add a border.

Here is the border I added.

Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers.


3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

What a sweet little quilt! Nice save!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Isn't that cute! I love the design, and especially love the bird print in the border. I need some of that! :) Someone is going to love that quilt, Pat.

Jenny said...

You've done a wonderful job with the Cinderdlla quilt. And a great job seeing and organising such a great donation of girls dresses when your daughter went on her overseas trip.