Wednesday, March 27, 2024

WIP Wednesday 3.27.2024

I finished my Purple Plus to a flimsy. I ordered backing fabric and I am waiting for it to arrive. I did change out the upper left quadrant. Not sure that I am liking the change but 'It Is What It Is'...I was trying to go for a more cascading look. LOL I think I have enough purple charm squares for one more Purple Plus.


pattern: Plus quilt (public domain)

I also finished the flimsy version of 'Long May She Wave'. 



pattern inspiration: Long May She Wave by Cozy Quilt Designs

It's also time to start the 3/6 yard project I received from Carol of FB QOV Working Stars group. I volunteered to put together a flimsy using one of the Fabric Cafe patterns. She sent 6 yards of fabric and a Fabric Cafe book. I make the flimsy and then mail it back to her. Since the blue fabric has a rather large motif of the Statue of Liberty, I picked City Lights from Fast and Fun 3 Yard Quilts. It uses a large 9.5 inch cut focus fabric.



Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers.


4 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Awesome purple plus quilt top! How large is it? And Long Shall She Wave is just stunning!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love both of your quilt flimsies! Isn't it fun to work with some completely different designs/color schemes? The new project looks like fun, too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like how the purples are coming together - its kind of fun to move your eyes around

and that QOV - beautiful!

Delighted Hands said...

The Long may she wave turned out beautifully!!