Monday, March 18, 2024

Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR) Parade 3.18.2024

 This is the first year I participated in the Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR) hosted by Quilting Gail and a few of her blogger friends. I was glad I did it as I was looking to stretch my creativity within each round parameters. 

Did I struggle a bit? Yes. 

Did I stretch my creativity? Yes

Did I have fun? Yes

My project started out with a red, white and blue 16 patch star. As I was building this quilt, my iron started leaving dark marks on the white. So I brought a new iron (the old one also wasn't heating up well - so it was time for a new one!) But alas, the new one left dark marks on the white fabric too. 

Any advise on removing the marks. I really really don't want to wash this one!


pattern: Stay at Home Round Robin 2024
panto: serpentine



9 comments:

Quilting Gail said...

Sorry to hear about the dark marks on the white. That sounds frustrating!!!
Your quilt looks fantastic! Well done!
Thank you for participating in the SAHRR'24 and for linking up!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh wow - that is a stunner!!! I think you did amazing!
sorry about the iron - but yay for a new one?

JanineMarie said...

This looks beautiful from where I’m sitting, but I’m sure it’s frustrating to get marks on the quilt. I’m sorry I don’t have suggestions. I’ve had good luck dabbing Dawn on stains or color bleeds, but that requires washing. I hope you can find a fix, but from here it looks great.

Janice said...

I can't see the dark marks but I have tried ironing a damp wash cloth over a mark like that. Hope you can make it better.

Delighted Hands said...

Just go ahead and wash it but throw in a color catcher. Those marks will disappear!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a beautiful finish, Pat! And, yes, I agree - the SAHRR project challenges us and stretches our creativity. A good reason to join in!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I hope you can get the marks out. This is a wonderful quilt and I’ve really enjoyed watching it grow:)

piecefulwendy said...

Such a pretty quilt! I sure hope you can get those spots out. How about trying to spot clean them? I remove a lot of stains from clothing by rubbing baking soda into the spot, then rubbing laundry soap (just a dab) into the baking soda, and then rinsing it well until all the soap is out.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

This is a fantastic finish, Pat. I'm so sorry about the marks. Try a little baking soda and water maybe? That's what I use to get out marks from "water soluble" marking pencils. That might help. As Wendy stated maybe a little laundry soap too, or Dawn? I hope you get them out. Thanks for quilting along with us this year!