Monday, October 12, 2020

Design Wall Monday 10.12.2020

 I had told a friend (a Mom of my DD's friend) that I would make her a quilt. Well, between her work schedule, COVID19 shutdown and my moving, we never did connect on what she actually wanted. I only remember, 'not too big' as she wanted to take it into the ice rink to watch her boys play hockey. I had asked my DD if she knew the Mom's two favorite colors and the response was purple and more purple. It's been nagging at me that I should probably make her a little something.

When I saw this fabric...it was a lightbulb moment.


Lots of purple with a light scattering of blue. I kinda have a thing for paisleys as I like to make the Four Patch Stacked Posies Quilt. Here is the jacket cover I pilfered off of the internet;



I know I have this pattern somewhere in the sewing room...but where?!

Here is a Pinterest page with all sorts of images of this quilt, Pinterest page.

This paisley repeat was just under 8 inches so I cut my stacks at 3.5 inches.


I'll need 30 blocks so I need one full set of the stacks and a half set of the stacks as each full stack of the repeats yields 20 - 6 inch finished blocks.


Finally to my Canadian friends...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!   photo credit

No comments: