Friday, October 9, 2020

Whoop! Whoop! 10.9.2020

 I was inching closer to getting this to a flimsy. I thought it looked a little silly at this stage!


I was leaning towards a red bike and DH said, 'Go for it! It will stand out!'


Uhmmmm...it does stand out! LOL. I'm calling the one done for now. Not sure when it will be quilted.

pattern credit: Slice of Surprise by L'il Sparroe and Oak (no website)

I was able to make more stars for my Star Row quilt. A few for the quilt and a few for me.


Here is the pattern that I followed, Flag Star from b-quilts. I chose to strip piece the flag strip units since I made 8 stars.


Alycia over at Alycia Quilts is hosting a QOV Mystery. I'm going to try and keep up with the clues as she releases them.

The cool logo.


The fabric requirements were posted last week or so, found here.  The quilt finishes at about 60 x 80.

Here are my fabrics that I'm going to start with...


My white has gray triangles so will have to see how it play with the other fabrics and pattern. I'm hoping all I need is a good contrast!

3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

that bike totally rocks it in the flimsy!! I LOVZE it!! and your fabric pull for the mystery looks wonderful!!!

grammajudyb said...

The red bicycle really pops! Your roe stars are awesome. I’m going to bookmark your post, because I have a panel that needs stars! Thanks!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Cool red bike! Your flag stars are awesome, I must make some!