Thursday, October 29, 2020

Thursday Happenings 10.29.2020

 In a non-COVID19 year, today would have been the first day of the Oconomowoc Quilters' Guild Annual Retreat. I've only attended a few years, yet this year I find myself missing the retreat and my sewing friends LOTS! 

I was really sad earlier in the week and I think the canceled Retreat was a big part of the sadness. At the retreat center, we each have a twin bed and we bring all our own linens. Yes, quilts abound! There is a kitchen with a chef who rings the bell and food magically appears on the dining tables! What a treat! I didn't really appreciate it until this year, I asked DH at lunchtime where my lunch was and if the 'dinner bell ' was broken. His response, 'Yes, it's broken. No lunch is made for you.' Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed the no cooking only sewing part of retreat! This year, I appreciate it!

I did sew a little today, in the spirit of retreat. I worked on clue #3 from Alycia's A11 mystery.


18 blocks total, 17 spinning in unison and 1 maverick. Also a few leftover pieces. I just might have to remake the one maverick block. I had actually taken it apart because I made it wrong and picked the wrong side to remove. Unfortunately, I destroyed that part of the block. :(
 
pattern credit: A11 Clue #3

I've been practicing my hst's although from the above wonky blocks...you would never know! *sigh*



Although I made my hst's using the tube method and trimming to 3.0 inches unfinished

In the past, at retreat I've pieced one or two children's donation quilts, my Family Christmas quilt and random crumb blocks. This weekend, I'm going to try and sew each day...my Stay at Home COVID19 Retreat... 

Did I mention the no cooking?! Well, I need to add the there is dessert after every lunch and every dinner...and pumpkin pancakes and a hot potato bar...and my personal favorite, the never ending pot of coffee! I might need to make a grocery store run...I did manage to make a batch of pumpkin cookies today. 



Dessert for my weekend :)

No comments: