Tuesday, January 26, 2021

My Continuing Challenge...

 ...I've sewn my two patches into four patches as my lenders/enders. Now I have this strong urge to iron and sort. I have just about everything plus the kitchen sink in these scraps, so any piece that has anything remotely girly...flowers, pink, purple...will go in one pile and all the other will go into another.


I'm leaning towards making this this, Cynthia Brunz's Scrap-A-Palooza Zig Zag quilt. You will need to scroll down and she has a few links on the creating of the quilt. I'm going to sew the patches into 4 x 8 's and then add a solid 4 x 8 to make the quilt block. It's a fun take on a rail fence block so I'm loving it. 

If my math is correct:
                                    *blocks finish at 8 inches
                                    *a 7x9 set would be approximately 56x72
                                    *need 63 blocks, 126 pairs of four patches
                                    *63 solid parts 4.5 x 8.5 inches

Onto my date with the ironing board...
                                    

No comments: