Sunday, January 10, 2021

The Party's Over 1.10.2021

 


My daughter returned to college yesterday. 

It's her last semester and she is set to graduate in May...God willing and the creek don't rise...

She was here at Bell Creek Quilts for three glorious weeks! She was my main focus so there was very little sewing and quilting done. Now to get serious...

I was thinking about 2021 Sewing Resolutions but then remembered that I like to set a Quilter's Code for myself. I was a little surprised I last visited my Quilter's Code in 2012! That's, like 9 years ago! Time does fly!

Quilter's Code 2021 Edition

1. Promise Quilts and Things
        A Keeper...I still take joy in giving of my quilted items. 
            *My son is waiting on a t-shirt wall hanging.
            *My daughter requested an apron over Christmas break.
            *My son's gf would like a few smaller rock bags to go with her bigger bags.

2. Gift Quilts
        A Keeper...this is the reason I started sewing and quilting. Although the gifts are 
            farther and fewer between.

3. House Quilts
        A Keeper...new house, new room colors, new quilts...need I say more?! LOL

4. Comfort Quilts
        A Keeper
            *Causal Quilters Of Brighton have a strong QOV arm so I'll probably quilt 
                    more than I piece
            *I rejoined FB QOV Working Stars. The plan is to piece according to the 
                     Working Stars incentives and donate to the Casual Quilters QOV drive.
            *Children's quilts...I have stash for kid's quilts so I'll piece/quilt as 
                      time permits. 

No comments: