Friday, January 1, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 1.1.2021

 


HAPPY 2021!

Warm Wishes for a BRIGHT New Year!

My final quilt of 2020 was a QOV for the Casual Quilters. This particular quilt down gave me lots of grief! Not the machine but the poor planning on my part! I ran out of bobbin thread twice, shredded the top thread a few times and even needed to fill a partial bobbin! I was very happy to finish this one after burying four sets of threads!

Here she is in all her glory! I present Casual Quilt QOV Batch 3 Quilt 6:



pattern credit: 16 patch blocks alternated with solid squares
panto credit: square spiral


5 comments:

Ramona said...

Perseverance paid off and you have a beautiful finish. Happy New Year!

Chantal said...

Simple yet attractive. I love this quilt in all its humble design. Congrats on the finish. ;^)

Bonnie said...

Sorry to hear of issues with quilting this quilt. I feel your pain! That looks like a really interesting design. I was tickled that I didn't run out of bobbin on my last quilt of 2020. Next up are a couple of customer quilts. Then back to doing my own "stuff."

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great way to end the year tho!!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

It sounds like you and I were dealing with some of the same issues on our final quilts of the year! However, you made out better than I did. I ran out of bobbin 18 times before having to wind that extra half a bobbin!!