Saturday, January 16, 2021

SoScrappy Saturday 1.16.2021

 Every year, I watch the Rainbow Scrap Challenge unfold. 

Every year, I wished I had joined in.

One year, I tried but failed. So I thought I would try again this year. I have NO idea how the quilters decide on a block and then make a few every month following ScrapHappy's prompts. But I'm going to try this year! go 2021!

January's color is pink...figures, I have very little pink in my stash. I dd buy a few yards of pink as I hope to make a heart quilt for my bed. I do, however have quite a few 2.5 inch strips cut....I searched for a simple block that uses 2.5 inch strips and a background. One of my favorite free quilt pattern sites is by Mary Johnson and here is her Rectangles Pattern. One 2.5 inch strip plus one 2.5 inch background yields two 8.5 inch block (unfinished). A few test blocks:


I did notice if one twists the components of the block, it yields pinwheels! Again one 2.5 inch strip plus one 2.5 inch background yields two 8.5 inch (unfinished) blocks.

I 💖 Pinwheels!


pattern: pinwheels : public domain

Linking up with ScrapHappy Saturday.

14 comments:

Shah Sazib said...

Wonderful quilt. I love this very much! I found another fabric store which is Broadway Fabrics.

Ivani said...

Great start! Pretty blocks, Pat.

Kathy S. said...

Can't wait to see how all the rectangle blocks go together. Beautiful, bright pinks.

scraphappy said...

I do like those pinwheels! So fun to see the same simple units go together in different ways. Off to a great start! Hope to see you back again in February for a new color!

maggie fellow said...

it looks like you have figured rsc out - using what you have and picking a block is the key - great job

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

NICE!! and its a fun way to play in colors!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great way to use 2.5 inch strips! Your pinwheels will be fun in every color!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW...

Does that mean you are up to TWO projects for the RSC??? :o))

Deb A said...

That looks like a great selection for a block - very versatile! So .... will one block be logs and one be pinwheels? You are off to a great start.

Cathy said...

WEll, looks like you picked a couple of good RSC blocks. And you can use the same strip sets to make both which is even better.

Jenny said...

Looks like you have found the perfect RSC pattern for you. Welcome aboard!
Like you it took me a while to join in with this happy band of RSC stitchers, and I'm so pleased I did!

Maggie said...

Playing with those rectangle blocks is fun. Pink is a colour which we both may not have lots of, yours is going to be unique. So very glad you joined this year, it is a first for me as well.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What wonderful blocks. I like working with 2. 5 inch strips too. I think I will be piecing me some of these this week . Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Susie H said...

Nice pink blocks! Even though you started but never finished one of the past RSCs, it is not a fail ... merely a "put off until later inspiration strikes"!