Monday, January 18, 2021

Design Wall Monday (sorta) 1.18.2021

 Every quilt has a story.

Some stories are short.

Some stories are long.

This quilt's story started out simple enough.

In an effort to use some 2.5 inch strips,


a wonky back that was 60 x 80 inches,


and leftover batting bits from the Casual Quilters' QOV's,


I knew I wanted a 'darker' quilt. One that didn't have many light strips (so the frankenbatting stitching wouldn't show through) and a smaller quilt that would fit the backing without adding to it.

I have made the Valor quilt from Cozy Quilt Designs before, both as a group and by myself. I blogged about the Valor quilts here, here and here (yes, the last one has a block turned that I noticed about 5 years after I made it....) The Valor used to be a free pattern on the Quilts of Valor website but has been taken down. Luckily, I have the book it's in!





I actually pieced it and quilted it over a course of three days! A pretty quick project for me.

Here she is!




I opted to use eagle fabric in the star centers that my quilting buddy and I purchased together a few years ago but that's a whole different story! I love how it turned out and it checked off quite a few of the required boxes for this project!

pattern credit: Valor by Cozy Quilt Designs in The Giving Quilt book
panto credit: fern gully

No comments: