Friday, March 12, 2021

Friday at Bell Creek Quilts 3.12.2021

 It seems like I've been spinning my wheels this week and goin' nowhere in a hurry! LOL

I ordered a couple of new pantographs and was excited to try the soft ripple one. I want to make a couple of water type quilts and thought this would be a good fit. I generally stick to pantos since the spacing is already all figured out.

I needed to replace the needle in the long arm before I quilt my son's t*shirt quilt and wanted to quilt something before the t*shirt quilt. Enter the Tri Your Luck quilt, blogged here.

Right, load it up and a quick 10 inch panto and I would be done in a jiffy. Guess what? This panto has an extremely long backtrack and was resulting in a lot of 'push' of the fabric. That resulted in a few unsightly puckers...ugh...on the front! Halfway through, I abandoned the panto and free styled the rest of the quilt from the front of the machine,  Shocking, I know!

It's a 35 mph quilt on horseback...can't see the flaws...no close ups...



It still needs binding. Speaking of which,  I got a call from the repair shop. Baby needed a new bobbin assembly. Apparently, I jammed the ultra strong steel into, well, I'm not sure where except the whole mechanism stopped spinning. He kept telling me it was like a $300 fix and they only replace that part after about 750 gazillion stitches and how??? did I do that??? Then he started mumbling about how I just had it in for service so the cost was covered under warranty! Lucky me! 
I'm off the pick her up in a few. 😍

3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great finish!! I really like the way you set your Tri your Luck blocks!! Very unique!!

PaintedThread said...

Interesting pattern. I love the effects with the sashing and cornerstones. Love the color, too. I don't see any flaws!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the way you chose to set Tri Your Luck, Pat! SEW unique! Great news about your machine repair, too.