Saturday, March 6, 2021

SoScrappy Saturday 3.6.2021

March is for GREEN! and it's the color for the RSC this month. Angela suggested using the darker spectrum of greens and the lighter tones will have their month in the future.

So I dug for darker greens and found a few! First up: I made Mary's Rectangles. 


pattern credit: Mary's Rectangles

I miscut my first strip set so I only have one block of the upper fabric. I hate when I'm slicing away and then...wham...I realize, I just cut THAT wrong! Oooops...In my defense, I just put a new blade in my rotary cutter and man, that just glides effortlessly through the fabric. (mindlessly, too at times...LOL)

Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy Saturday

8 comments:

Maggie said...

We all have those cutting gremlins in the sewing room, thank goodness not all the time. Otherwise we would have some interesting projects.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, the joys of a new rotary blade and a bunch of GREEN blocks for the RSC!!

scraphappy said...

New blades! Always nice to have effortless cutting for a while. Hopefully those miss-cut blocks will find a home somewhere.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those rectangle blocks are great! I clicked on your link to Mary's Rectangles and love her fun designs with them. I've made a few similar blocks with jelly roll strips - and had some cutting errors with them, too. Frustrating! :)

Jenny said...

Mary's rectangles look lovely, thanks for the link. Nice simple sewing but so effective.

sue s said...

Sorry about your cutting "accident". I did the same thing on my greens this week. Haven't re-cut them yet, and one I'm sure there is no more.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the rectangles. Cutting mistakes are no fun. Maybe you just need more fabric! (My recipe for everything--buy more fabric!)

Cathy Tomm said...

Oh the rectangles are great quick idea. I might have to make some, so many 2 1/2" strips.