Monday, March 29, 2021

Design Wall Monday 3.29.2021

 On Saturday, my Wisconsin friends hosted a Zoom Sew-In. It was fun to see so many familiar faces and a few new ones!


I was able to finish piecing my Debby Brown Color Block March 'Monkey Wrench". I also sewed the back together Saturday and on Sunday quilted it before the NCAA Basketball game.  Here it is one the design wall from Saturday. All it needs now is it's binding...which is cut but not made, yet.


I modified the pattern a wee bit to make it longer. My Wisconsin friend, Iris, kept asking, 'Aren't you missing something? Are you sure it's done?' Turns out, I forgot to add the plain side borders... Another 'design opportunity', right?!

pattern credit: Debby Brown's Monkey Wrench

The FB QOF Working Stars group announced the newest project is row quilts during the month of April. The rows can be any pattern in rwb. Guess what? I have star rows on inventory that I wanted to make into a quilt! So on Saturday, I worked on a few Starflowers (also known as Lemoyne Stars). Here is what I have, so far. I'm thinking instead of the 60 inches across for the rows, I'm going to do 50 inches and add borders...


pattern credit:    top row: not real sure but looks like the floating star 
                                            with constant size legs

                          second row: wonky meets floating stars 
                                                (I was experimenting on which leg/background I liked)

                          third row: Creative Grids Strippy Star ruler 
                                            (I also call these Bev's Stars since Bev shared the
                                              technique)

                          fourth row: Starflowers

                           fifth row: MSQC Ribbon Star

1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those stars are going to make a great QOV! I love the different star block designs you've collected there.