Monday, March 15, 2021

Design Wall Monday 3.15.2021

I finished piecing the stars for the next *promise project*.


For some reason, I feel like I should place the brighter stars surrounding the paler stars.

pattern credit: wonky meets floating stars

I also quilted down another *promise project*. I've had these t*shirts a little over a year so it was time to move them along. Truthfully, they probably would have sat in the sewing room even longer but I am on deadline for the star quilt above and the t*shirt quilt was requested before the stars quilt... I'm hoping to keep peace amongst the children by finishing first request first. <smile and a wink>



 

pattern inspiration: found on Pinterest but a link with only the picture


panto credit: inkblot

I think I'll hand sew the binding back and DS also requested a hanging sleeve on this quilt. I think the hand sewing will be tonight's project after I get the binding on. I'll need to refresh my memory on the whole hanging sleeve thing. I've done them in the past so I'm sure I'll find a tutorial. Maybe even here on the blog!

4 comments:

Nann said...

Great t-shirt quilt design! (What's your definition of a "promise project"?)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those floating stars are just wonderful - so happy and fresh! It would be hard to put off working on them in favor of a t-shirt quilt, but there is always "which one came first?" to be factored in.

Bonnie said...

Wow. You did a great job making the t shirt quilt similar to the Pinterest quilt. I like yours better! The stars are a breath fresh air — so springy looking.

Vanessa said...

Grateful for shaaring this