Monday, March 8, 2021

Design Wall Monday 3.8.2021

 One 'promise project' done!!

Four more rock bags for DS's GF. I made a few as a Christmas gift but she wanted a few smaller bags. I blogged about my totes here. This used up all the rock fabric I had...


pattern credit: Atkinson Design's Traveling Tote 
                        (pattern no longer available 😞)

A question for my friends in blogland: 

*what sewing machine do you piece with and why?

* Baby is back in the shop with a stuck flywheel. I'm just wondering if I should retire her. My sewing needs have changed over the years since I first brought her home. Now I mainly straight stitch for piecing up to 6 hours/day. I occasionally will zigzag batting together. I now apply my bindings totally by machine...thinking I might need a machine that can handle the more layers of fabric easier...

1 comment:

Dayquilt said...

I have a Juki TL2010Q, and I LOVE IT! Straight stitch only, but lots of power. Large throat (that's why I got it). Speed control, needle up/down, thread cutter and a knee lift (that I've never used...). My old Kenmore (circa 1990 - non-electronic) had lots of power too, but I'm now spoiled by the little things :)