Monday, March 1, 2021

Design Wall Monday 3.1.2021

 Do you ever have the urge to sew something when you KNOW you should be working on a 'promise project'?  Yes, I can say 'squirrel!'

Well, instead of sewing on a 'promise project', I dug into my 2.5 inch pile of brown strips. Only thing is I found 14 strips and wanted  28 total. Off to the cupboard to supplement my browns. I made 16 patch brown blocks for Debby Brown's Color Blocks Quilt Along. I didn't make the January quilt and I wasn't going to make the February quilt until another member in the FB group posted a brown and beige color way. 

Light bulb moment! I thought I had cut quite a few brown 2.5 inch strips for when we were demo-ing the Strip Tube ruler at the Oconomowoc Quilt Guild. After a little bit of strip piecing, cutting and re-arranging, my yield of 24: 16 patch blocks in (sorta) brown!


February's quilt is Try Your Luck. Debby has you add corner pop units. Here is one arrangement.


Here is another:


I can't decide which I like better. Of course, here are the corners waiting to be sewn and trimmed. I find that I do 'better' if I trim the seam to 1/4 inch and then run the hst's through the sewing machine. Hey, it works for me! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! lol


You can join Debby's Color Blocks Quilt Along for free and download her monthly pattern from her website. You can also join the FB page for lots and lots of inspiration.  Alycia is actually is the one who told me about this Quilt Along. It just so happens, that I was making 16 patches as my lender/ender project...

                       Debby Brown's website so you can sign up and download her Color 
                       Blocks quilt patterns.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

I can sure hear you on starting projects as I'm that way with knitting and also have lots of X-stitch and quilt UFOs/WIPs. Sigh. Love what you created though!