Wednesday, March 10, 2021

WIP Wednesday 3.10.2021

I started another 'promise project' this week. My daughter requested that I make a quilt for her favorite English professor that has been a Godsend throughout her time at NMU. DD told me that she likes green, pink and black. She likes to read (an English professor!), a child of Army pilot, all food and lived in Texas while growing up for a time....and DD requested that the top be pieced and the back have her favorite things on it.

Here's what I got. I decided I'm not a fan of the green/pink I got going here but I think black sashing will unify it a bit. I was sticking with the spring greens since it will be gifted in May. I've used all the different pinks I had so I'll need to re-use some of the prints.


pattern credit: wonky star meets floating stars

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am just the opposite of you! I love how this is turning out - and these colors are so great together!!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Pat, I too think this is a lovely, refreshing combination. And very May like!