Friday, March 26, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 3.26.2021

 My first Whoop!


DH received an email on Monday saying that he was eligible for the Covid Vaccine and did he want to schedule? He jumped right at the chance and was able to include me in his invitation! 

The best news: the vaccine site was about 5 minutes from the house!

The fun news: we were in line behind the cottage neighbor who lives one town over from our new house. The waiting time really went fast catching up with the cottage neighbor! 

Another fun fact: photo thanks to my brother and FB. I forgot to pick up a sticker, doh!

Second Whoop!

I changed out the 4 patches on the January Suitable for Framing quilt for a green then decided to carry the green into the border and use less blocks. Clear as mud?! Here's the picture...


I'm liking it better now but still needed to improvise on the second border as I was short on the green I chose. Figures, right? The changes really helped to reign in all the wonderful scrappiness of the 16 patch blocks. It finishes at 60 x 72 before quilting, just the size requested by Covered in Love which is one of the H2H Quilt Drive Charities 2021.


Third Whoop!

I finished DD's 'promise quilt' for her English Professor. Well ahead of her April 15th deadline. DD's prompts were pink, green and black on the front. The front should be pieced not just big random pieces of fabrics. Her professor is the head of the English Education Department so something to do with either teaching or reading, any kinds of food, pandas, music and dancing, her father flew airplanes for the military and they lived in Texas for a spell. Anyone else hear 'the Pina Coloda' song? LOL

So, that being said...this is the front:




pattern credit: wonky star meets floating star
panto credit: small popcorn

Here's what I did on the back. I'm actually kinda grooving to it although I should have planned a little better...ok, I should have planned but I feel it captures her likes.... And maybe sewed a little straighter...





The bluebonnets and Texas flags were out of my stash and I think that was the last chunk I had collected over 15 years ago when we lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. 

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Whoop whoop for getting the vaccine! I love how the Suitable for Framing quilt is coming along with that sashing pulling everything together. And the star quilt turned out just great, too! The back is a lot of fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great great great finishes!! but don't laugh - I'm a picture person first and I thought - well heck that is a unique quilt.... and then its your vaccine sticker... sigh!! YAY you that you got in on it!!!