Friday, February 11, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 2.11.2022

I messaged Lisa Sutherland and she answered back, the quilts name is 'Strip Triangle Tango' and 'No, the pattern is not available for sale right now but will be included in her book to be published'.

I decided to give it one more go! Believe it or not, I used up all my its and bits of leftover 2.5 inch strips


So I needed to make more. I cut from some yardage and sew them end to end.


My math for this time, I decided to write it out...



I decided to make my panel pieces 16 rows.


I measured the length then cut it at that measurement to make the width so I would have a square.


I then cut both panel pieces on the diagonal once. (That's called the hypotenuse or 'c' in my equation!)


Here are the pieces on the design wall. One panel piece had blues sewn on either end and the other red.


Something was still off as I needed a little bit of spacer background for the stars, but it is closer to being right. My sewing must be off! LOL I think I'll wait for her book for the pattern and see if I can figure out the error of my ways!


pattern inspiration: Lisa Sutherland's Strip Triangle Tango

Linking up with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday


6 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Whether it did not go exactly like you expected, it looks great and very patriotic.

Sherrill said...

It's so PRETTY! And was that real math? LOL I honestly wouldn't know as I was LOUSY at math and only took what I had to and then no more. UGH

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow, it turned out so well! Just beautiful. I look forward to seeing the book, as math is pretty much beyond me. Great job!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Actually, I think the "spacer" is perfect, Pat!!

Judy in Michigan said...

Bravo!! Your math is great (I was a high school math teacher). Pythagorus would be proud. The quilt is stunning and I love the red inner spacer and the stars! Great job!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Um wow!! and Pythagorean Theorem???? Holee cow!!