Sunday, February 20, 2022

Stop Tossing...a Military Mystery Quilt...Clue 1

 Alycia at Alycia Quilts released Clue 1 for her Stop Tossing...a Military Mystery Quilt last Wednesday.


Clue 1 is pretty straight forward and I finally found a few minutes to sew the patches together! Yay! Hmmmm...that bottom center is looking a little dark...


pattern: Stop Tossing Clue 1

I also loaded and quilted the Floating Churn Dash flimsy. I always am so happy when the batting comes off the floor. (FYI: I float the batting) This is a signal that I am approximately half way done with the quilting and closer to finishing than beginning. 

😍


pattern credit: QOV Floating Churn Dash 

Linking up with Cynthia at Oh Scrap!

4 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice going on the mystery quilt, first clue totally done! Good luck with the quilting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are interesting blocks for the mystery! Maybe the dark patch will serve a purpose when you see the bigger design. And a question for you - why do some quilters float the batting and some don't? I'm not a long-armer, so always curious about the techniques!

Bonnie said...

I tend to float both the top and the batting. I was going to say ou have an extra roller but then I remembered I took one off as I don't use it. But I sure enjoy when the top is off the floor too... progress is being made! I think the Stop Tossing clue one pieces are going to be cut up someway. Think Disappearing 9 patch. But I bet it is something that we don't already know. Mine are done too.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What an interesting mystery quilt along! I like clue #1!