Monday, February 14, 2022

Design Wall Monday 2.14.2022

I decided to make a few of the QOV Floating Churn Dash blocks. Coinciding with QOV National Sew Day, the FB QOV Stars group has this one as their block of the month. Our leader Carol, also sent up a request for more pool quilts. Since my Linda Ashcraft's Dandy Stars didn't work, I thought I'd sew a few churn dashes. Another fellow quilter in the group was wondering what the churn dash looked on point. So as I made a few, I put them on point on the design wall. I just kept making them until I filled out the pattern. Now, I don't select on point settings very often so I'm not real sure what I'm doing here!


I then used the Robert Kaufman Quilting Caculator my Quilting Buddy explained to me, to figure out the size of the side and corner triangles.



Now to sew it together and figure out borders.

My latest Strippy Triangle Tango by Lisa Sutherland took a turn on the long arm. I was disappointed when two of my 'wonky meets floating' stars had pleats quilted into them. I was going to donate it as a QOV but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I'll wash it and see if it crinkles...


patterin inspiraton: *Lisa Sutherland's Strippy Triangle Tango
                                * 'wonky meets floating' star
panto: serpentine


and finally,




4 comments:

Sara said...

Those Churn Dash blocks will make a fabulous QOV.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your churn dash blocks on point look wonderful! I haven't turned blocks on point very often either, so I'm never sure how to do the math. So glad you figured it out!

Anonymous said...

looks good! hope this one plays a little nicer on the long arm!

apat2

Churn Dash said...

Love your churn dash blocks.
It's a handy app to have, isn't it?
Helen