Friday, February 4, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 2.4.2022

My goal for today was to move my version of Debby Brown's Woven Stars forward. After spending a few days on the design wall while I decided how to tackle the corner triangles, I ended up sewing as the pattern suggests since I cut four too many side triangles! Rather than simply scrap the triangles, I decided to make it as per the pattern. Just think, I could have done this a lot earlier in the week! LOL

After the morning sewing, I had the first set of sashing sewn to the blocks.


Next was the long sashing strips. For this, I did decide to sew one long strip and do my best not too pull it out of whack!


Here it was measuring about 50 x 50. I wanted it a little longer and wider so I added a bit of borders to it. 

In honor of February and Valentine's Day, I added hearts! Patriotic, of course! It measures approximately 55 x 72...before quilting.

pattern credit: Debby Brown's Woven Star

The weather report was 5.1 inches from the storm Landon. DH said that number seemed low. One town west of us reported 7 inches. DH thought that was closer to our accumulation.



Linking up with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a really neat design! I can see where those long sashing strips would be tricky, but it looks great to me. We got 7 inches a couple days ago, too - time for it to melt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lovely patriotic quilt, Pat!!

grammajudyb said...

I really like this block using the scrappy patches! It’s gorgeous!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE what you decided to do!!!
and snow.... yay!! so pretty!!