Wednesday, February 2, 2022

WIP Wednesday 2.22022

As promised, the snow has started to accumulate!

The view out my slider door onto the deck.


The RSC2022 color for February is teal. I pulled out my crumb blocks and found most of them had the sea turtle featured in the center (or almost center) and my meager supply of teal.

Sooo....I went to the store and brought a few half yards to supplement. Sorta defeats the whole purpose of the RSC theme but hey....why not?! I did keep my purchases to just a half yard of each, give me some credit, ok?!


The first thing I did was make a few more crumb blocks. Right? I'm cutting up the yardage to make crumb blocks...it's a little fishy...


pattern credit: google search 'crumb blocks', 'mile-a-minute blocks', 'slab blocks' and
                         even '15 minutes of play' and you will find tutorials on construction 
                         methods.

There is QUILTING and SEWING NEWS around the Web! In no particular order:

1. Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict needs to step away from her Hands2Help comfort quilt drive this year due to health related issues. Feel Better Sarah! 

But Mari from the Academic Quilter has stepped up to run H2H2022! I'll be following Mari's blog as H2H is one of my favorite comfort quilt drives to participate in! As soon as I see that Mari has a H2H2022 button available, I'll post it in on my sidebar. For now, here is the picture of it.


2. Saturday February 5, 2022 is the Quilt of Valor National Sew Day. You can register and then sew along in your own studio. You don't need to be a member of National to win prizes!


3. Alycia at Alycia Quilts is hosting a Mystery for Military called Stop Tossing 2022. Click on over to her introductory post to find out all the information on this mystery! Alycia's mysteries are fun and not too difficult! yet still challenging for me! LOL  It finishes at approximately 60 x 80, so perfect for a QOV!!!


Today I'm linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Loooove all your teal!!
And your snow!! haha - we are getting it too (yay)
those crumb blocks are really pretty